Saturday, January 24, 2009

And another special day




For those who don't know my step-dad, Chicho, this is him.  I deliver food to Chicho twice a month.  He lives up in the mountains, up a step, rocky trail then levels out to a nice meadow.  Anyway, Chicho hasn't been home the last 2 trips I've made.  So today I was going to drive up to his house again to check on him.  As I'm driving up the Volcancito road, there, standing in a driveway was Chicho.  What a great relief.  It turned out to be where his daughter lives.  Typical Panamanian ways, I was invited into their humble home to sit down and meet the family.  It really makes you feel good to be invited in. So I offered to take him home but only if I could bring him to our farm for a cup of coffee and a little tour.  At times like this I really wish I was more fluent in Spanish.  But somehow we communicate.  So this was my special day.







No comments: